[opencms-dev] Is there someone installed opencms on suse successfully

François-Léonard Gilbert gilbertf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:43:45 CET 2005

OpenCms does not create a ton of files in the webapps directory while
installing.  I checked my test install on Tomcat, and the only
directories in the opencms application are "export", "META-INF",
"resources", "setup" and "WEB-INF".  It is entirely possible that
"export" has been created while I was fooling around with the system.

To check if the setup worked(minimally), you have to look if much data
has been written in the database.  Then, check in Tomcat Manager if
OpenCms is listed as running.  If both of those are OK, you should at
least get something other than a 404.

Francois