[opencms-dev] Configuration wizard fails on FC4 / MySQL

Michael Powell mwpowell at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 21 16:03:28 CET 2005

Christof,

Thanks for your reply. I saw mention of this in the archives, and I tried this solution. However, I seem to be getting the same error. Must I restart Tomcat or MySQL for this to take effect?

The error I'm receiving is:

Database could not be created!
Error connecting to database using: "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/".
java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception:
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument or cannot assign requested address **
 BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: Invalid argument or
 cannot assign requested address STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: Invalid
argument or cannot assign requested address at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

Thanks

Mike