[opencms-dev] Versioning Modules

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Thu Dec 1 16:56:50 CET 2005

Hi,

I'd like to version my modules in a more complex way than just using
numbers.

I tried to edit the manifest.xml but as soon as I use somthing like rc08 for
a release candidate the SAX parser complains: The version you provided is no
valid number. Right... but how come 1.0.0 is a "number" then?

I also tried to tell OpenCms to use 08 as the version. Now i've got version
8 of my module installed - which is logically the same as 08 :) - but
doesnt't fit our versioning scheme.

Would it be possible to use Strings instead of numbers for versioning?

Regards
Nick

--
codecentric