[opencms-dev] Versioning Modules

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Thu Dec 1 17:47:07 CET 2005

i think part of the rationale for using numbers, is that there is an ordering on numbers for dependencies.  for example "module A needs at LEAST version 1.0.2 of module B"; in other words, version 1.0.3 is OK but version 1.0.0 is not.  converting to arbitrary strings makes these sort of rules more difficult to implement.