[opencms-dev] default locale set to english --- deploy OpenCms as RPM

Michael Kraus michael.kraus at mindmatics.de
Thu Dec 15 10:44:57 CET 2005

Dear all,

I'm new to this list and not sure if this is the correct place for my questions, as it is a developers' list and not a users' one. I didn't find any OpenCms message board with more than 1000 posts, do you know any better place for problems like mine?

Anyway, here they are:

(1) OpenCms sets the default locale of the whole Java virtual machine to English. This clashes with others of our web applications that run on the same tomcat server, and expect the locale to be German.

(2) We'd like to deploy OpenCms as an RPM, but we need our own module imported into OpenCms, as well as some other changes to opencms.properties and web.xml. Is there a way to make these changes once offline, not on the production server, build an RPM there, and then deploy that RPM onto the production server? Can I also run the setup wizard offline and copy the whole OpenCms database to another server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
	Michael