[opencms-dev] Re: default locale set to english --- deploy OpenCms as RPM

Thomas März thomas.maerz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:31:11 CET 2005

Michael Kraus <michael.kraus at mindmatics.de> writes:

> (2) We'd like to deploy OpenCms as an RPM, but we need our own module
> imported into OpenCms, as well as some other changes to
> opencms.properties and web.xml. Is there a way to make these changes
> once offline, not on the production server, build an RPM there, and
> then deploy that RPM onto the production server? Can I also run the
> setup wizard offline and copy the whole OpenCms database to another
> server?

You can prepare everything on a local machine and then copy
the webapp folder and even your MySQL folder to the production
server. Maybe you don't even have to change the DB
connection in WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties.

And maybe you have to change some values from localhost to
your.server, everything in WEB-INF/config/.

Regards,
Thomas