[opencms-dev] Word Integration

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:55:42 CET 2005

Out of the box you can't. You can always use the cut-and-paste method
-- ie write in MS Word, cut, paste into editor and hit the editor
Cleanup button. But I guess that is not what you are looking for.

I would be a great feature. Many of my users use MS Word as a starting
point for content and then paste into the WYSIWYG editor. It would be
nice to streamline that process.

Personally I'd start with OpenOffice integration as it's a
cross-platform application, can read MS formats quite well and as far
as I know has good Java bindings.

Joe.