Re: [opencms-dev] howto set

lxbing113 lxbing113 at 163.com
Wed Jan 4 08:28:48 CET 2006

you mean you want to install opencms in windows envoriment ?

1:  install java 2 SDK ,set  java_home="../jdk" dir
;classpath="../jdk/lib" dir  note: opencms 6 was tested  with
java 1.4 and 1.5 so you had better install the version;

2: install Tomcat ,set CATALINA_HOME=" the folder where you install
tomcat"; it is better to chose tomcat 4.1x or new version; after
complating install ,rember

     to test your tomcat !

3:install MySQL ,it is easy ,but indeed rember your password among your install.

4: deploy the opencms. war file : copy the opencms.war file from the
binary distribution zip file to  CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ ,brower
your explor and enter

http://locahost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/setup to start your install
.when request you to enter username and password of your database and
opencms. you

     should  enter
"root       your password when install
mysql you set"     two place are same entering;

    Oh,my god ,forget! you alse should to download
the "caucho-jdbc-mysql-2.1.0.jar" (for example) ,place it to "
apache-tomcat-5.5.12/common/lib" dir if some

   mistake occur of your installing prosser;

ok  ,hope your successe !  if alse have problem ,read the install.html document ! bye