[opencms-dev] User Session Information in a clusterd environment (logged in or not)

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Thu Jan 12 17:56:48 CET 2006

Hi,

I am looking for a way to share user information between multiple instances
of OpenCms. I have a running cluster with session replication and non-sticky
sessions (this is mandatory for our costumers demand).

For basic content everything's running fine, but as soon as you log into a
site the information that a specific user just logged in is only available
on the server that handled the specific login request. With sticky sessions
that would be no problem, but without the servers delivers privileged (the
one the user really logged in) and normal content (all other servers)
throughout the cluster.

We have to make sure that all nodes in the cluster are aware of logged in
users.

If there is no such thing already implemented in OpenCms an explanation of
how OpenCms handles User login/logoff would be highly appreciated.

Bye
Nick Panienski

--
codecentric