[opencms-dev] JSP includes (forms) at the HTML page

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sun Jan 15 00:15:20 CET 2006

Usually you do it by either making a JSP-page which uses parts of a
given template (such as header, menu and footer) or else make a template
that includes a JSP script as part of the template. Either methods
works, but I find the latter easier and it allows the user to actually
edit some of the text on the page by opening it in the wysiwyg editor.

http://www.kej-varmeregnskab.dk/kontakt/bestil-flyt.html shows an
example where a JSP script is included right after the body-element in
the template. The user can edit the body element as usual (in the
example the body only holds a heading "Bestilling af flytteaflæsning:")
and the JSP renders the form (and handles the submitted values as well).

indiana_x wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> what is the recommendation for having forms (or other JSP
> functionality/includes) in the template driven website with WYSIWYG
> edited pages ?
> I can insert form as plain HTML, but I need some JSP functionality to
> display results in the same page (I do not want to display all results
> in popups)  ...
>
> Best would be to have some possibility to include JSP into HTML page type.
> I even thought about using the template mechanism to find some
> text-marks in the HTML page (e.g <INCLUDE-JSP:TEST.JSP/>),
> then parse the output from the HTML page (but how with cms:include ?
> probably redirect "out" or have a look into sourcecode ....) and
> insert into it JSP include output .....
>
> Any ideas to help me ? I do not believe this would not be possible, this
> would be probably quite common request.
>

> thankx
>
> Indiana Thomas

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS