[opencms-dev] adding new XML content types

Matthew Fremont m_fremont at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 23:02:16 CET 2006

I'm trying to define several XML content types to use
with a website I am currently developing.

After looking over the tutorials and searching the
list archives a bit, I am left with several questions.

1. is this
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013609.html
the best available description for 6.0.3 on the steps
necessary to add the new type so that it shows up in
the wizard's "XML Structured Content" menu?

2. is it possible to add instructions/helptext to the
generated structured content editor (I want to be able
to provide some instructions/guidance/comments for
specific elements that will be seen when the user
edits the content)

Thanks for your assistance,

Matthew