[opencms-dev] Oracle 10g Database & oc4j 10.1.3 information

Georg Raffer georg.nc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:32:07 CET 2006

Hello,

we are currently using OpenCms 6.04 with oracle 10g.

Initially OpenCms was installed on Oracle 9; than export / import to
10g. No problems.

RDBMS: Oracle, version: Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
JDBC driver: Oracle JDBC driver, version: 10.2.0.1.0

OpenCms works fine; we haven't noticed any problems. The system hosts 7
different domains; Tablespace is currently 4 GB (2,5 GB used).

For further projects we want to use a Oracle 10g DB cluster to scale.
But we haven't tested that until now.

Furthermore OpenCms also works with Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g
(10.1.3) Developer Preview and Java 5. You only have to make a few changes:

* use the Apache xml parser instead of oracle xml (that is default)

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/oc4j/904/collateral/OC4J-FAQ-904.html

    (see: How can I use a 3rd party XML parser such as xerces with OC4J)

* Cms login does not work correctly. This can be fixed:
    in class: org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore
    change method:

    private CmsObject initCmsObject(HttpServletRequest req,
HttpServletResponse res) throws IOException, CmsException{
        HttpSession session = req.getSession(false);

        HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);

But for production mode we are currently using Apache Tomcat 5.5
By the way: OpenCms is really great!

ciao, Georg