[opencms-dev] Benefits of 6.2 over 6.0.x

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Jan 26 11:57:42 CET 2006

One of my clients is interested in the benefits of holding back the
project's go-live date until 6.2 is out, as opposed to sticking with 6.0.x
and maybe having to go through an upgrade cycle later on.  The go-live date
isn't likely to be much different from 6.2 release date, bearing in mind
Alexander's statement that Alkacon expect to release 6.2 by end of Q2 2006.

Could anyone give me quick list of the additional features and improvements
in 6.2?  All I can think of at the moment are better image manipulation and
management (through simapi), and the file version diff which Alexander
mentioned.

Jon