[opencms-dev] Problem with <cms:ifexistsall> (v 6.0.4)

pascal.hollenbrock at bayerbbs.com pascal.hollenbrock at bayerbbs.com
Thu Jan 26 12:49:44 CET 2006

Hello all!

I've got a problem with the cms-taglib-element <cms:ifexistsall ... >.
(OpenCMS 6.0.4 on Tomcat 5.5)

I am developing a template that displays xml-contents. The corresponding
editor has area that can be expanded ("plus"-sign).
Only if a certain area (in the following example "Column") is expanded -
i.e. the "+"-button has been clicked - the according elements should be
displayed by the template.

Well I constructed the following code and thought it should work:

                <cms:contentcheck
ifexistsall="Column[1],Column[2],Column[3]">
        </cms:contentcheck>

Actually it does not work. Also if Column[3] is minimized - i.e. the
"+"-sign still visible - the text within the <p>-Tags is displayed.
Does the   ifexistsall-attribute   connect the values via OR-statement?

However I implemented the following work-around that works well:

                                <cms:contentcheck ifexists="Column[1]">
                                        <cms:contentcheck
ifexists="Column[2]">
                                                <cms:contentcheck
ifexists="Column[3]">
expanded.</p>
                                                </cms:contentcheck>
                                        </cms:contentcheck>
                                </cms:contentcheck>

Can anyone tell me why this problem occurs or what I did wrong? Has anyone
made similar experiences?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Pascal