[opencms-dev] Accessing OpenCMS-API from external applications

pascal.hollenbrock at bayerbbs.com pascal.hollenbrock at bayerbbs.com
Thu Jan 26 12:56:21 CET 2006

Hello all!

How can I access the OpenCMS-API (6.0.x, Tomcat 5.5) from external
applications - i.e. if I want to perform VFS-operations from outside?

I considered to build an OpenCMS-server-side Bean that creates an instance
of CMSObject with which I can access the VFS.
However my core-question in this context is: How can I create a CMSObject
in a non-OpenCMS-location? Can I actually do it?

Does anyone know an alternative for entering OpenCMS out of external
applications?

P.S.: I read some hints dealing with "OpenCMS-shell". I must admit that
I'm quite a "newbie" to this and therefore it would be great if you could
          comment possible answers in this direction a bit more in a
detailed manner.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Pascal