[opencms-dev] Portal integration

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Jan 26 19:28:30 CET 2006

Ravindran,

That's on the roadmap of the next major release (I think version 7.0) by
the OpenCms Experts (Alkacon Software) to support JSR 168 and the
portletcontainer integration. But for now you may consider the other
way: Integrating OpenCms into portal frameworks.

I have done some prototyping of the integration of uPortal and OpenCms,
which works somehow very fine and is very easy to setup.

A demo Installtion is provided here:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/uPortal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP

To play arround with it, you can use:

"student" as username and password to login and play with it.

as you can see our homepage, which is made with opencms is integrated
into a portlet, with this approach someone can use OpenCms or anyother
CMS to deliver content to the portal. A nice thing would be to use
OpenCms XMLContent to integrate content into the portlets.

Anyway I think similar approaches could be used with JetSpeed 2 or JBoss
Portal 2.2 versions.

By the way JBoss Portal supports CMS Integration. Some concepts can be
find under:

http://jboss.org/jbossBlog/blog/rrusso/2005/07/20/89437546793992884735F2
695A62E529.txt

and I think that has been allready implemented in the latest JBoss
Portal 2.2 release.

Hope you can find these informations useful.

Kind Regrads,
Arash

--

http://www.pomegranate.de
portal & content management hosting solutions