[opencms-dev] Portal integration

Venkidapathy Ravi rvenkida at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 21:07:07 CET 2006

Dear Arash

  You are awesome. The info is realy useful and I thanks a million times .

  Bye for now.

  Thanks

  Ravi

Arash Kaffamanesh <arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de> wrote:
      Ravindran,

  That's on the roadmap of the next major release (I think version 7.0) by the OpenCms Experts (Alkacon Software) to support JSR 168 and the portletcontainer integration. But for now you may consider the other way: Integrating OpenCms into portal frameworks.

  I have done some prototyping of the integration of uPortal and OpenCms, which works somehow very fine and is very easy to setup.

  A demo Installtion is provided here:

  http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/uPortal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP

  To play arround with it, you can use:

  "student" as username and password to login and play with it.

  as you can see our homepage, which is made with opencms is integrated into a portlet, with this approach someone can use OpenCms or anyother CMS to deliver content to the portal. A nice thing would be to use OpenCms XMLContent to integrate content into the portlets.

  Anyway I think similar approaches could be used with JetSpeed 2 or JBoss Portal 2.2 versions.

  By the way JBoss Portal supports CMS Integration. Some concepts can be find under:

  http://jboss.org/jbossBlog/blog/rrusso/2005/07/20/89437546793992884735F2695A62E529.txt

  and I think that has been allready implemented in the latest JBoss Portal 2.2 release.

  Hope you can find these informations useful.

  Kind Regrads,
  Arash

    --

  http://www.pomegranate.de
  portal & content management hosting solutions