[opencms-dev] module import in 6.0.x

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 30 16:03:45 CET 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 01:12:30PM +0100, Michael Moossen wrote:
> Hi, Christoph!
>
> i do not find the original message you sent to the list, but if you read the
> message description you will find out that your module can not be imported just
> because it already exists.
> this is a minor bug in the 6.0.2 release.
> just remove the old module manually (Administration View > Module Management)
> and try to import your module again. or update to 6.0.4 (always recommended).

I was already refering to 6.0.4. Mayba I had done something wrong in the
first place. Now it works.

To recapitulate:

On the source system I go into Administrative View,
choose the module and click´the blue button in the row (tool tip export)

File goes to e.g. org.company.frontend_01.zip

located afterwards in the packages/modules directory, right?

On the target system I put this file in the modules directory
and choose Import file from server, right?

In both cases "/" is my "Site", right?

> with respect to sites:
> while importing/exporting the paths are treated relative to the current selected
> site. the principal idea is to be able to import/export content from one site
> to another.
> so the current select site should not be a problem (except, may be the root).

Huh ?