[opencms-dev] Site URI Appended to Relative Links

Ed Knutson ed at sixfoursystems.com
Wed Feb 1 21:42:39 CET 2006

Hello all,

I have a website configured like this:

The Struts JSP content resides in the ROOT webapp under Tomcat 5.
OpenCms is installed at the /opencms path under the same host.

I can easily link from the ROOT context to OpenCms by building URL's like:

I want to link from OpenCms VFS files back to the ROOT context like:

However, when I save links like these, the site URI is appended to the
link automatically in the controlcode like:

/sites/fcac/pricing/index.jsp

I want the system to save links relative to the ROOT as-is without
messing up links that are relative to the current folder.  That is, if
VFS content links to something without a / at the start of the link, it
is OK (but not necessary?) to translate the link, but if the link starts
with /, just let it link to the ROOT webapp.

Is there a configuration option that controls this?  I usually link to
gallery content by using /opencms/opencms/system/galleries....  It is ok
if other VFS-to-VFS links need to be built in that way.

I am not using static export.