[opencms-dev] Looking for suggestion: upgrade from 6beta3 to which new version?

Codarin Ivan ivan.codarin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:59:29 CET 2006

Dear all,
I should upgrade my production server from opencms 6.0 beta 3 to a new
release. I created a template *derived from templateone example with
some customization* and I have to move to a newer version.
I have 3 questions:

1. is it better to upgrade to the new 6.2beta or to the 6.0.4 . I mean
if I have to change my template I should do this operation once... do
you plan to create  something like a wizard in the future to switch from
the 6.0.x releases to the 6.2 or is it better to upgrade my code
directly to the 6.2.x releases?

2. the correct way to make the upgrade is to export  databae data+ my
template folder from the 6beta3 and restore this to the new version and
than debug the system to discover problems?

3. I'm using postgresql as backend and I have problems with the setup
process in 6.2beta (sometimes it says that the database does not exists,
or it doesn't create tables...) are there links regarding how to setup
opencms with this dbms in this release?

Many thanks
Ivan
Thanks