[opencms-dev] module import fails in 6.0.4

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 13 15:19:23 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 02:59:27PM +0100, Uhlig, Roman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to copy a module from an OpenCms 6.0.4 installation to
> another one of the same version. After exporting the module, copying it
> to the target machine and importing it via "Import module from server",
> I get the following error message:
>
> Error uploading the module xyz.zip.
> Cannot import module from source
> "/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/packages/modules/xyz.zip". It
> is already installed.

I assume you used the modules export on the source machine.
Where did you put the module on the target machine when you imported it?
I can be wrong but it is a good idea to not put it in
WEB-INF/packages/modules/xyz.zip since the modules reside there
and when the module import tries to import it, it finds it already there.

Put it one level up (packages) and do the import from there.

As said, I may be wrong but I vaguely recall I had exactly that same problem.