[opencms-dev] Can't publish new pages

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Mon Feb 13 20:09:39 CET 2006

Sabir -

I wonder if you're using the right <ip address> when you try to access
things directly?  Try the bare ip address, and also the host name -
depending on your set-up, OpenCms can use different forms of addressing to
serve up different sites.

Jon

 <mailto:Sabir_Muhammad at aac.com> Sabir_Muhammad at aac.com said:
That did not help. I just have a static page that I created from the
explorer view. I can open the page by clicking on it within explorer and it
opens up in IE with the following URL:
http://(ip_address)/opencms/opencms/sites/default/AAC/index.html

However, when I try to open this URL directly by copy-paste on the web
browser (to see how its going to look like to end users), I get this error:
"The requested resource "/opencms/opencms/sites/AAC/index.html" was not
found on the server"

First I thought it was because I was not publishing it. But even after
publishing it, I get the same error. Another person on this forum has also
reported the exact same issue. Someone replied to him saying that you have
to move your new folder to "default" and it should work. I am already
working in "sites/default".

Thanks

  _____