[opencms-dev] OCMS 6.0.x: WYSIWYG-Editor in IE 5.5 - assignment of styles (from select box) does not work

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Feb 15 19:15:53 CET 2006

Hi list,
first of all the description of my system:

Windows 2000
Tomcat 5.0.28
MySQL 4.1
Java 1.4.2_02
Internet Explorer 5.5 (english Version, SP1)
OpenCms 6.0.0, OpenCms 6.0.2 or OpenCms 6 beta 1
MSDHTML-Editor (which is currently the standard WYSIWYG-Editor for OpenCms
6.0.x)

Here is what I found out:

assigning a style from the styles select box (entries e.g.: Normal,
Überschrift 1, Überschrift 2 (german)) does not work.
I wonder if anyone else ever noticed this?

AFAIK IE 5.5 is officially the least workable version to use with OpenCms
(6.0.x), isn't it?
I know that this problem is solved by using FCKEditor, but I am just curious
if anyone else has this problem.

By the way: There are a few more things about IE 5.5. All concerning design
stuff like login box on the login page is not center but aligned left...

I assume that there will be no fixes for that kind of stuff?

Regards

Kai

Dipl.-Wirt.Ing. (FH)

Kai Schliemann