[opencms-dev] import/export index configuration

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Feb 17 17:52:49 CET 2006

Definitely.  It would be great to have some help from the set-up wizard on
dealing with configurations which require friendly URLs.  I know it's
possible to delve into OpenCms config and Apache
mod_rewrite/mod_proxy/mod_jk config, but the getting rid of the
"/opencms/opencms" prefix is (i) very fiddly, and (ii) a very common
requirement.  It would be lovely if the set-up wizard said "What URI prefix
would you like dynamic resources to have?  What URI prefix would you like
exported resources to have?", combining this with the ability to configure
multiple sites both at set-up time and later through the Workplace.

Setting up OpenCms is fine for those of us with plenty of experience or time
to spare, but despite the friendly wizard I still feel it's a significant
barrier for many people.

Jon