[opencms-dev] import/export index configuration

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 17 21:31:04 CET 2006

On 18/02/2006, at 3:52 AM, Jonathan Woods wrote:

> I know it's
> possible to delve into OpenCms config and Apache
> mod_rewrite/mod_proxy/mod_jk config, but the getting rid of the
> "/opencms/opencms" prefix is (i) very fiddly, and (ii) a very common
> requirement.  It would be lovely if the set-up wizard said "What
> URI prefix
> would you like dynamic resources to have?  What URI prefix would
> you like
> exported resources to have?", combining this with the ability to
> configure
> multiple sites both at set-up time and later through the Workplace.

part of the problem however is that while you could do that with the
second prefix in /opencms/opencms, the first one depends upon the
Tomcat context in which you're deploying it, *prior* to the setup
wizard actually running.

The docs do mention how you can rename opencms.war to ROOT.war and
remove your existing ROOT context if you wish to deploy it at that
context, so you can effectively rename it to whatever you want to
deploy it.

It's not particularly fiddly to get rid of the second prefix
altogether using apache2 and ProxyPass, the only problem I ran into
was how to make sure the 404 handler was working properly in order to
export content that had yet to be exported.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.