[opencms-dev] Creating "New" and "Delete" XML buttons via jsp?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 21 07:30:42 CET 2006

On 21/02/2006, at 5:05 PM, Jonathan Woods wrote:

> I fear I'm misunderstanding you, but: afaik the 'edit' button can
> trigger
> editing of a XML VFS resources, but the 'add' and 'delete' buttons are
> generally only rendered once you're editing that resource, for
> document
> elements with variable [searches for right word here] cardinality -
> and not
> including the root element.

In case you are misunderstanding me... I'm not talking about adding/
deleting elements within a structured content file once it has been
opened in the editor, I'm talking about the equivalent of using the
taglib contentload collector "allInFolder", where you can do
something like:

[edit][new][delete]
content-from-file-1

[edit]
content-from-file-2

[edit]
content-from-file-3

etc.

> To get 'add' and 'delete' buttons for adding whole new instances of
> structured content, you could presumably nest the schema within a
> containing
> schema, in which <Multivalue> above would become <Thing> and the
> higher
> level container would be a placeholder.  Or you could program your own
> buttons to create new VFS fi

This seems to be the conclusion I'm heading towards... that I'm going
to have to create the vfs files and then open an editor for them.
I guess I'll poke around the generated buttons from the taglib and
see if I can mimic them, as I'd like my users to not be able to tell
the difference between the different areas.

It would be nice if in the same way that we can pass 'true' to
cms.include to tell it that this content is editable, if we could
pass an equivalent option to say "this content is deletable" to
produce the same consistent interface for content editors.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.