[opencms-dev] How to edit text on a jsp page

Corsin Camichel cocaman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:09:24 CET 2006

Hi Thierry

I've done it this way:
* create a "dummy" template jsp, for example in
modules/MODNAME/resources/jsptemplates/mypage.jsp
* this mypage.jsp has some
<% cms.template("pageBody", "body", true);
   cms.include(cms.getRequestContext().getUri().toString(), "body", true);
%>

* on mypage.jsp, set the properties template to your css and the
template-elements to all the editable parts in mypage.jsp (in this case,
body*|Body)
* now you create a new page (mypage.html) and set the template property to
/system/modules/MODNAME/resources/jsptemplates/mypage.jsp
* your user can now edit this page as he wants and does not affect your jsp
code
* the lucene search indexes mypage.html and you can search for that and if
you open it, the page is rendered with mypage.jsp

Hope that helps

Regards
Corsin

On 2/21/06, Thierry Collogne <tcollogne at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using opencms 6.0.4. I have some jsp pages which consist of dynamic
> rendered content, but also some static text.
>
> I now want the static text to be editable. Currently I have made an
> xmlpage
> which I include into the jsp with cms:include editable="true". This way it
> is possible to edit the text.
>
> But now when I search the page with lucene, I get the xmlpage as result,
> not
> the jsp page.
>
> My question is now: Is it possible to make text editable on a jsp, but
> without the include? Perhaps by adding a div tag around the text you want
> be editable?
>
> Or is it possible to return the jsp page in the search results instead of
> the xmlpage?
>
> Does anyone know about this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Thierry