[opencms-dev] Reading parent folder

Oliver Pereira Oliver.Pereira at dna.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 15:16:47 CET 2006

Anybody else require this feature?

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Christian Steinert
Sent: 20 February 2006 21:35
To: The OpenCms mailing list
Subject: Re: [opencms-dev] Reading parent folder

Dear Oliver,

I ran into the same problem.
I found no way to do this. The problem is, that the site root of the
current site gets added to the filename of the file which you try to
read.
The only exception are paths that start with /system/.

After looking into the code, I think the behaviour of the system has to
be changed in order for this to work.
I find it very strange that it is now impossible to just access files in
the root system.

>From my point of view it would be helpful (and easy to implement), if
the file access routines would allow a notation like:
  vfs:/sites/site1/etc
so that one could access any resource in the vfs directly.

Are others in need of this as well?
Maybe whoever is interested could reply to this mail if you agree with
my suggestion, so that Alcacon might get an idea if this is an important
change or not?

Or how is the procedure to suggest features/adjustments? Are feature
changes also handled through Bugzilla?

Christian