[opencms-dev] Retaining URL parameters in 'backlink' property for direct editing?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 21 22:27:54 CET 2006

We're using URL paramaters a fair bit in our site, and I've run into
something that is a bit annoying.

Say I'm at an URL like:
http://my.site/path/to/view_support_category.html?category=generalinfo

then the taglib generated form for direct editing contains a value:
<input type="hidden" name="backlink" value="path/to/
view_support_category.html">

without the parameter. "?category=generalinfo"

This means that when the user closes the structured content editor,
they get returned to:
http://my.site/path/to/view_support_category.html

rather than:
http://my.site/path/to/view_support_category.html?category=generalinfo

We're handling the situation where there is an empty $
{param.category} gracefully, but I was wondering if there is any kind
of a solution for having the user actually return to the page they
were at, including the parameter?

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.