[opencms-dev] Problems locating schema resource bundle

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Feb 22 07:04:36 CET 2006

I've defined a schema and it's working fine with the auto-generated
editor... except for the fact that OpenCms isn't finding my resource bundle,
and so element labels and element help are missing.  Can anyone think of
what I might be missing?

I'm developing a module 'in place', i.e. starting out as a structure in
/system/modules before I package it up.  The resource bundle is cited in my
schema file as

<resourcebundle name="com.scintillance.bla.configuration"/>

and I have placed the associated resources in files configuration.properties
and configuration_en.properties (my locale being en_GB) in just about every
classpath location I can think of, including  <opencms webapp
path>/WEB-INF/classes/com/scintillance/bla (my module not yet having an
export point to give it its own classpath).

opencms.log output shows OpenCms searching through every resource bundle
under the sun without mentioning my own 'configuration' bundle, and of
course without finding e.g. the element label.  So,

tail -f --retry  <opencms webapp path>/WEB-INF/logs/opencms.log | grep
"HeadlineStoryTitle"

produces lots of

org.opencms.i18n.CmsMessageException: Cannot find resource
label.HomePage.HeadlineStoryTitle.help for bundle <various bundle names
except the one I want>.

The situation persists across OpenCms restarts, and other classes in the
WEB-INF location I mentioned above are being found without any problem.

Jon