[opencms-dev] nullpointer exception while using contentload on empty folder

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 22 21:08:15 CET 2006

While we're talking about using contentload on an empty folder...

How are people dealing with this situation?  I would like for my
users to be able to add a New item to an empty folder, but it doesn't
seem like it's at all possible using taglib, am I right?

Are the only options to either:

1) Create the first structured content 'by hand' in the workplace.
or
2) Use JSP to create a 'New' button that creates the given content
then opens it up in the structured content editor?

I've been playing around with the second option, and have gotten a
bit stuck. I've been trying to reverse-engineer the JavaScript that
gets created by the taglib on a contentload for a folder that does
have content in it, but am thinking that this might not be the best
way to approach the problem in terms of future updates to OpenCMS.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.