[opencms-dev] nullpointer exception while using contentload on empty folder

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 22 22:40:31 CET 2006

On 23/02/2006, at 7:08 AM, Nigel Kersten wrote:
> While we're talking about using contentload on an empty folder...
>
> How are people dealing with this situation?  I would like for my
> users to be able to add a New item to an empty folder, but it
> doesn't seem like it's at all possible using taglib, am I right?
>
> Are the only options to either:
>
> 1) Create the first structured content 'by hand' in the workplace.
> or
> 2) Use JSP to create a 'New' button that creates the given content
> then opens it up in the structured content editor?

After thinking about this some more... It would really be ideal if
the cms contentload for "allInFolder" actually coped gracefully with
not having any items in the folder, and simply showed you a 'New'
button by itself when loading an empty folder.

Is this possible?

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.