[opencms-dev] 6.2 Beta - Successfully Installed On PostreSQL 8.1.3

Ivan Codarin ivan.codarin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:43:24 CET 2006

Dear All,
today I managed sucessfully the installation of Opencms 6.2 beta on
PostgreSQL 8.1.3.

I installed it without any modification to drivers/scripts... the only
thing that could be a misunderstanding is the step in the Setup Wizard
where you are asked for:

-----------------
*Setup Connection* : I put my "global administrator" of the postgresql
node. This user MUST EXIST on the DATABASE
*TemplateDB*: for Postgresql 8.1.x is "postgres" for earlier versions is
"template1" (=the default)
-----------------
*OpenCms Connection*: This is the postgres' user for Opencms
connections. THIS USER MUST BE A NEW USER (the user have not to be
already present on the DATABASE), the wizard will create it....

-----------------
*Connection String* : The connection string have not to include the
database's name (i.e. :dbc:postgresql://localhost:5432)

*Database name*: THIS MUST BE THE SAME NAME OF THE "OPENCMS CONNECTION"
USER. This is the misunderstanding (in my opinion). This happens also in
the previous versions of Opencms 6.
The database (as for the OpencmsUser) MUST NOT EXIST!
-----------------

*So pay attention to the fact that the Opencms' Postgresql User HAVE TO
BE THE SAME OF THE Database Name.*

Than check the two checkboxes "Create user" and  "Create tables".

Let me know if also for you this solves the setup problems.
In the next days I will try this installation of opencms, if all the
things will run smoothly I can try to change the setup dialogbox for
postgresql.

Regards
Ivan

P.S.
To Alkacon staff: is it possible for you to host something like an
Official Wiki/Forum where users can write/post articles and howtos? It
is very difficult to search solutions on the mailing list.