[opencms-dev] Static export problems

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Feb 28 16:56:32 CET 2006

> Hi Christian
>
> Thank you for your response.
> The "publishing all" is no option for me, we have to export more than 5'000 files every time.
> Another solution I see, is to create an OpenCms Cronjob/Scheduled Job with the " org.opencms.scheduler.jobs.CmsStaticExportJob" class.
> If that is not satisfying, I have to deactivate the static export and keep everything in the database.

Dear Corsin,

I thought a bit more about it.
I don't know if the system load would be a problem, but it might be not so difficult to create your own export handler, which just opens an new thread and then triggers the static export handler in that other thread.

Like this, at least the user doesn't have to wait for the export to finish.

Of course this thread would have to be prepared to deal with multiple exports, but Java allows for thread synchronization quite elegantly, and you could make your thread into a singleton and add additional publish requests to a queue.

But of course, publishing 5000 files takes TIME. Don't know what to do about that, if your site is edited frequently.

Regards
Christian