[opencms-dev] FW: Static export publishing of "anchor" linksfailsin 6.0.0

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Feb 28 23:55:09 CET 2006

Nigel Kersten wrote:

> On 25/02/2006, at 8:39 PM, Jonathan Woods wrote:
>
>> Assuming you're generating links like this:

>> you could instead put the anchor outside the <cms:link> tag's body:

> This brings up an interesting point I've been wondering about.
>
> I'd always assumed that Jonathon's suggestion is the 'correct' way to
> use cms:link ?
>
> ie, that the idea is that OpenCMS 'knows' what the relevant URL in the
> current context is for '/vfs/path/to/some/file' in
>
> <cms:link>/vfs/path/to/some/file</cms:link>
>
> and to instead put the anchor, or any parameters like ?___scale or
> anything else inside the cms:link tag would be incorrect, as you're no
> longer referencing a VFS object inside the cms:link tag?

Dear Nigel,

all request parameters must be INSIDE the cms:link - tag.
Only like that the CMS  can know that there are various requests with
different parameter sets that go to the same resource.

But Anchors are only interpreted by the browser. Therefore anchor
references have to stay OUT of cms:link

Christian