[opencms-dev] contents translations

Paul Pogonyshev p.pogonyshev at finamatics.com
Wed Mar 1 16:45:47 CET 2006

On 1 March 2006 17:21, Christian Steinert wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > It is possible for each of the pages to have multiple translations
> > (in XML this is implemented with `language' attribute.)  I have found
> > that the translation can be chosen like this:
> >
> > 	http://.../site/page.html?__locale=de
> >
> > Is it possible to code the locale somewhere in the path instead of
> > GET attributes without Apache mod_rewrite?  I.e. I would like address
> >
> > 	http://.../site/de/page.html
> >
> > display the German translation.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Paul
>
> Yes. You can have more than one "sibling" with a common group of bodies behind.
> "Sibling" means that you have various filenames with individual attributes, but pointing to shared content.

That's it.  Now, if I keep the siblings in one folder (i.e. instead
of `.../site/de/page.html' I use names like `.../site/page.de.html'),
how do I make the siblings with various locales not mix in the
navigation?  If I just create a sibling for a page and set different
locales on the two variants, they both are listed in the menus...

Paul