[opencms-dev] Apache and mod_proxy workplace not working

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Mar 8 12:48:12 CET 2006

This is typically because, for one reason or the other, that the
exported stuff doesn't get exported.

Most likely an issue related to the  Apache setup. Make sure that apache
reacts appropriately when accessing statically exported resources (i.e.
that it actually forces a on demand export to take place, and if that
happens, then that it is able to read the exported files)

regards
Claus

Møller wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have followed the official guide on how to Integrating OpenCms, Tomcat
> and the Apache webserver with mod_proxy.
>

> First I'am not sure how the staticexport/rendersettings node should look
> like due to some strange formulation in the documentation on what to
> remove from the configuration so right now it looks like this:
>

>   <rendersettings>
>       <rfs-prefix>/export</rfs-prefix>
>       <vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix>
>       <userelativelinks>false</userelativelinks>
>       <exporturl>http://127.0.0.1:8080${CONTEXT_NAME}/handle404</exporturl>
>   </rendersettings>
>
> This work fine until I try to logon the workplace, which is a totally mess seems like some css
>
> is not located. If I look in the log I find lines like this:
>
> 192.168.8.140 - - [08/Mar/2006:10:22:10 +0100] "GET /export/system/workplace/commons/style/new_admin.css HTTP/1.1" 404 326
>
> I'm no apache expert so i'm not sure what the problem is.
>
> Thanks for any answer
>
> //Casper
>
> This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of
> information. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email
> (or any attachment thereto) by others is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply email
> and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments thereto.

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com
cpr (you know what) interlet.dk - http://www.interlet.dk