[opencms-dev] File not found error (solved) and other installation problems

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:25:00 CET 2006

Are the packages installed from RPM or tar.gz?

If Tomcat is installed from a RPM, try uninstalling the RPM and then
get the tar.gz  from the Jakarta site, unpack in a directory such as
/opt or /usr/local  and try to install OpenCms  from there.

I've had so many headaches with Java and RPMs over the years that I
tend to avoid RPM for Java related software.

Joe.