[opencms-dev] Webusers migration

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Mar 21 15:10:47 CET 2006

Hello Michael,  thanks for the lead.

Unfortunately, the new system we need to move the webusres to is already in
place, so we need to solve this in the next couple of days, and can't
justify a version update.

Any comment to my thoughts about extracting/inserting CMS_USERS records? If
this direct table data migration is not possible, I guess I could extract
the webuser information from CMS_USERS, write a OpenCms program to create
new webusers in the new system using this data and dummy passwords, and then
update the passwords in the new table with the old data, but I'd prefer to
save the effort...

Thanks,

Pere