[opencms-dev] How Does Link Validation Work?

King, Dennis DKing at netopia.com
Tue Mar 21 18:50:32 CET 2006

Hi All,

I posted a question about link validation in 6.2 beta and got one
response from someone (Ravi) saying the administration link validation
feature only checks links that use the <cms:link> tag. However, when I
look at the source of links I create using the OpenCMS editor (actually
FCKEditor) to create a link or image tag, it isn't using a cms:link in
the href or src attributes. Is it correct that link validation only
works in things like templates where a link is hand-coded, and not for
links contributors would create?

Thanks,

Dennis