[opencms-dev] Webusers migration

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Thu Mar 23 09:22:21 CET 2006

Hello Christian, .

> Normal users are exported when you export files from the cms shell.
> Then, when you import the files into your new system, the users are
created as well.

> Have you tried this? I don't know, If webusers are exported along with
this, though.

No, webusers are not  included in the export files, which seems sensible if
you think of it, but leaves us without a way to move webusers around
(apparently next OpenCms version has this functionality as Michael pointed
out in his earlyer response).

> If you take over the data from old tables, then you have to enable legacy
authentication.
> I think the way of storing passwords has changed in the meantime, but the
old way can still be activated.
> I don't know, if the tables structures are the same as with opencms 5

In this case there would be no differences in structure or contents, because
both systems are the same version (6.0.3).

> not much from my side, but maybe it helps in some way...

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your comments.

Pere