[opencms-dev] Problem with Module-Import on Modules with Module-Name over 47 Character

Brabenetz, Harald harald.brabenetz at bearingpoint.com
Wed Mar 22 12:08:13 CET 2006

MY PROBLEM
I have Problems to import Modules with Module-Names over 47 Characters.
Reason: OpenCms create a Temporary Project with the Name "Import of module " + Module-Name
The Column "PROCECT_NAME" in CMS_PROJECTS is only 64 Characters long.

MY QUESTION:
Is there a reason for this limitation in Table "CMS_PROJECTS"?
Or is this a Bug?

MY SOLUTION:
I think it works if I change the Tables (Oracle):

ALTER TABLE OPENCMS.CMS_PROJECTS
  MODIFY (PROJECT_NAME  VARCHAR2(128) );

ALTER TABLE OPENCMS.CMS_BACKAUP_PROJECTS
  MODIFY (PROJECT_NAME  VARCHAR2(128) );

Thanks for your reply anyway.

With friendly regards,
Harald Brabenetz

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.