[opencms-dev] Better not using PostgreSQL 8 anymore?

Jack Bakker jbakker at iable.ca
Wed Mar 22 13:14:06 CET 2006

That is good news for me too. Thanks Ivan.

I just installed 6.2 beta for the first time for use with PostgreSQL 7.4.x.
I noted the setup wizard still is not working as one would hope. Haven't had
the chance to test with PostgreSQL 8 (sorry Ivan). Not sure if the wizard
bugs have been resolved. In case they haven't yet:

Ivan and Andreas pointed out ideas relating to the setup wizard for
PostgreSQL.
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2006q1/022605.html

My way around (for PostgreSQL 7.4.x) was different:

- prior to installation: create the db; create the opencms db user
- choose template1 for the template database
- enter connection string without database name
- enter the database name
- choose to create user and tables
- view the errors including the one on template1 being accessed by other
users
- since one can't continue with errors, I cut and paste into the URL the
next step: /step_6_module_selection.jsp

Jack Bakker
-----< www.iable.ca >---------