AW: [opencms-dev] Chec the new OpenCms Logo on opencms.org

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Thu Mar 23 08:26:58 CET 2006

Hi community,

> First of all let me point out, that everybody in our company was very surprised
> about the announcement of the new logo. Especially when finding out that it was already finished.

same at our company ...

> As someone else on the list already mentioned it would have been better to involve the
> community in the development process of the new logo.

This could be the way we get a stronger company! An interacting
community works much better, get a stronger network together!

> I think a process like this strengthens the community and its team spirit.

exactly!

> The marketing aspect:
> Changing the logo just like that is also a problem for all the companies which
> have print media like flyers, displays for fairs (german: Messewand) etc.

Flashdemos ... videos ...

> Furthermore I think that the recognition of the OpenCms brand has not been taken
> into account. I can not find any similarities from the old to the new logo.
> People who see OpenCms with the new logo will not automatically associate it
> with an OpenCms they probably saw or heard of earlier. They might think it is a new product.

And .. furthermore .. our designerin said it's too technical and so the
target group (which are mostly no technicians) will not be called from
it. In my/our optinion the target group are Media-Companies,
Design-Companies and so on. For sure there are some companies with an
own IT-Department...

Just my 2 cents

Regards Achim

Dipl. Inf.(FH) Joachim Arrasz - joachim.arrasz at synyx.de