[opencms-dev] Large import fails

Sami Honkonen sami.honkonen at ri.fi
Thu Mar 23 10:27:19 CET 2006

I did a database export on a production server and the size of the file
is close to 500 MB. When I try to import it to a development server with
"Import File from Server" the import just stops at file number 912 out
of 7062 and the "OK" button becomes enabled.

My max_allowed_packet in /etc/my.cnf is set to 1000M. I also tried
adding "ulimit -d 256000" to the beginning of the mysqld_safe script as
instructed here
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html
but it doesn't help.

I tried an older backup (size about 240 MB) and it fails in the same
way. If I try a test database (size 17MB) the import finishes correctly.

There's nothing in the logs files of OpenCMS or MySQL about the failure.

The production server is running 6.0.4 and the development server is
running 6.2 beta. MySQL daemon on both is 4.1.

Are there some other restrictions (on top of max_allowed_packet) that
I'm not aware of?

--
Sami Honkonen
Reaktor Innovations Oy, http://www.ri.fi