[opencms-dev] Large import fails

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Mar 23 10:52:25 CET 2006

Sami,

you might should try this:

Assuming your export file is named "myexport.zip"

Unzip your export file "myexport.zip" into a folder "myexport" and copy
this folder into the "WEB-INF/packages" folder.  Be sure that the
manifext.xml file is directly located in the "myexport" folder. and that
the original "myexport.zip" file is NOT in the "WEB-INF/packages" folder
anymore.

You then can import the unzipped fiels using the "Import file form
Server" function as before.

I was able to do a 2+GB import that way.

Sami Honkonen schrieb:
> I did a database export on a production server and the size of the file
> is close to 500 MB. When I try to import it to a development server with
> "Import File from Server" the import just stops at file number 912 out
> of 7062 and the "OK" button becomes enabled.
>
> My max_allowed_packet in /etc/my.cnf is set to 1000M. I also tried
> adding "ulimit -d 256000" to the beginning of the mysqld_safe script as
> instructed here
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html
> but it doesn't help.
>
> I tried an older backup (size about 240 MB) and it fails in the same
> way. If I try a test database (size 17MB) the import finishes correctly.
>
> There's nothing in the logs files of OpenCMS or MySQL about the failure.
>
> The production server is running 6.0.4 and the development server is
> running 6.2 beta. MySQL daemon on both is 4.1.
>
> Are there some other restrictions (on top of max_allowed_packet) that
> I'm not aware of?

Kind Regards

Michael Emmerich