[opencms-dev] "New" icon greyed out??

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Fri Mar 24 17:50:35 CET 2006

stuart.powers at gmail.com schrieb:
> I am now trying to create a new folder (or new <anything> for that matter)
> but the "New" icon is greyed out.  I've tried locking/unlocking the project
> (perhaps incorrectly?) but no matter what I do I cannot seem to un-grey the
> "New" icon.  I have also created an even newer project, and the icon in that
> view is also greyed out.

Stuart, with OpenCms you don't actually create projects. At least to my
understanding, projects merely serve the purpose of separating the
contents that have been released to the public (the "online" project)
from the ones that are still being edited (the "offline" project). What
you actually use to package content and/or functionality are modules. It
is possible to create more projects than the two default ones, but I
honestly don't know why.

The terminology employed by OpenCms here is certainly misleading, as it
differs from that of common IDEs.

Bye,
Robert