[opencms-dev] CmsRoles

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Mar 27 11:20:55 CEST 2006

Yes that is what I "feared", but at least it is a workaround.

Another approach would be to hack the CmsRole so it could accept more
groups, but that requires changes to the core (and is at best a hack - I
guess the CmsRoles kind of provides handles to non-VFS resources and
having the ability to set ACLs for such beasts would be the ideal)

regards
Claus

Sebastian Himberger wrote:
> Sorry bad typo: Not the toolhandler classes got the private field but
> the tool classes.
>
> Best regards
> Sebastian
>
> Sebastian Himberger schrieb:
>> Hi Claus,
>>
>> i had the same problem and solved it in the following (maybe not best,
>> but working ;) way:
>>
>> I've extended the needed Tool classes and created a new Administration
>> point. The new toolhandler classes got a private static field for an
>> administration CmsObject wich is injected during the system startup
>> using a module action. This CmsObject is used to perform user operations.
>>
>> As i said: It may be not the nicest way but it works and i didn't had
>> to   patch the OpenCms core (which is something i don't want to do).
>>
>> I hope this helps
>>
>> best regards
>> Sebastian

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS