[opencms-dev] How can I set "Charset Encoding: UTF-8"forstaticexport?

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Mar 28 11:18:27 CEST 2006

Hola Sebastián,

> But in the source code of the html, when I do a static export, I have
> characters like: "á"
>
> So... The static export change the latin characters...

This is the typical effect of interpreting UTF-8 encoded characters as if
they were ISO-8859 (one two-byte character is interpreted as two
characters), so I think that OpenCms is properly encoding the exported file
with UTF-8.

I know  (because this caused me some troubles when reading it back with the
application code), that when OpenCms writes text to the file system as a
result of a module exportpoint, the characters are UTF-8 encoded. So, I
wonder why it would do it differently for html elements export, although
it's not impossible.

If all this is right (I hope that someone will diagnose it in a more
knowledgeable way), I would suspect whoever READS the file (text editor,
application server, HTTP server...).

Regards,

Pere