[opencms-dev] Questions re OpenCMS architecture

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Mar 29 12:51:55 CEST 2006

Mike -

1.  OpenCms can run on Tomcat, which strictly speaking is just a web
container.  Tomcat hasn't always made it easy to organise database resources
declaratively, and even now it's a bit of a pain, so that's one possible
explanation.  And C3P0 etc weren't around (I don't think) when OpenCms came
into being, so the roll-your-own connection pooling reflects that.

2.  The OpenCms admin user doesn't need all the rights which the database
admin user has.

Jon